A high early strength cement, typical applications are precast concrete products, structural reinforced and prestressed concrete, masonry products, paving, grouts, and shotcrete. It is a tried and tested product that has been engineered to achieve consistent and appropriate performance. It is compatible with commercial chemical admixtures and mineral extenders such as GGBS, GGCS and fly ash.
This cement complies with the 42,5 R strength class of SANS 50197-1 for common cements and is identified as:
- Portland Cement CEM I 42,5 R.
- Portland-limestone Cement CEM II/A-L 42,5 R
- Portland-composite Cement CEM II/A-M (S-V) 42,5 R
STORAGE OF BAGGED CEMENT
- Cement should be stored in a weather proof shed or container
- It should be closely packed, away from doors and windows
- It should be packed off the floor, and on plastic
- It should be covered with a plastic sheet or tarpaulin
- It should be stored so as to ensure “first in – first out” use
- Do not stack bags more than 12 units high
- Do not stack more than two pallets high
- Pick up bags correctly to avoid injury
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Cement and cement paste are highly alkaline and chemical burns may occur
For more advice on cement contact PPC on 08000 236 368- SA only.